[rekonq] Plugins

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 15:46:45 CET 2009

On Sunday 22 November 2009 16:07:41 nehlsen wrote:
> are there any plans for plugins?
>
> i think a general plugin infrastructure is the key for a [very] good
>  browser. it gives people (like me) the possiblity to extend the browser
>  without touching the core. e.g. the bookmarks panel which i did, is imho
>  not used by many people, so it would be a good idea to put something like
>  that into a plugin.
>
> blocks which i think should be plugins:
> - adblock
> - web shortcuts
> - click to flash

What let you think this?

> i did some reading and testing and i think i can implement this into
>  rekonq.
>
> any thoughts?
> maybe, wait until 0.5?
> or "this should be done by somebody more experienced or more into the whole
>  rekonq source"? i don't want to put my time into it if it's just gonna be
>  rejected (not that i think it would ;)
>
> so?

I have three big problems with plugins:
1. don't think they are essential
2. don't fit well with my main "lightweight browser" idea

and most important..

3. let application crash when they crash

So, I think that before starting working on, you have to demonstrate me I'm
wrong.