[rekonq] Plugins

nehlsen nehlsen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 16:07:41 CET 2009

are there any plans for plugins?

i think a general plugin infrastructure is the key for a [very] good browser.
it gives people (like me) the possiblity to extend the browser without touching the core.
e.g. the bookmarks panel which i did, is imho not used by many people, so it would be a good idea to put something like that into a plugin.

blocks which i think should be plugins:
- adblock
- web shortcuts
- click to flash

i did some reading and testing and i think i can implement this into rekonq.

any thoughts?
maybe, wait until 0.5?
or "this should be done by somebody more experienced or more into the whole rekonq source"?
i don't want to put my time into it if it's just gonna be rejected (not that i think it would ;)

so?