[rekonq] organization of development efforts

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 23:46:14 CET 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 22:58:58 nehlsen wrote:
> hi list,
>
> i would really like to participate more in the development efforts around
>  rekonq. but i don't really know how, because all the cool items i would to
>  get my hands on and like to see in the next version of rekonq are already
>  been taken. (according to the roadmap at techbase)

Really good!! You need just this: contact the person who has that work
assigned, add your name to that feature in techbase and start collaborate to
:)

> thats why i would really appreciate it if we could get a list of active
>  'branches' of development. like the awesome-bar which lives somewhere on
>  gitorious, but that repository hasn't been touched for quite some time now
>  (last commit october 7th) (but all i read so far, sounds awesome. so
>  please, who ever began to work on that, please continue)

we don't have "tons" of active developed branches.:D
We usually announce what we are working to through the ml or the IRC channel
(#rekonq @ freenode)

For example I'm working now on adblock. I hope it will be ready in a couple of
days..

> my point:
> wouldn't it be possible to put a little description (one line) of every
>  more-or-less important branch of rekonq to the wiki on gitorious? that
>  way, everybody who wants to contribute to a certain feature can
>  merge-request to that branch and maybe help somebody who just don't has
>  that much spare time atm...

don't understand. It's a question or a request? if a question I'm not aware of
this gitorious feature, if a request, explain me what I have to do and I'll do
for my branches :D

> last but not least: where is the current development on the KDEWebKit
>  integration? i would really like to get my hands on that because i would
>  like to try to get some generic download manager infrastructure in place
>  (like flashgot in firefox)

Actually it's kderekonq. You'll have in master very soon (probably this
evening)

> so, thx everybody for a great browser
> and hope it might get even better.
>
> regards, nehlsen