[rekonq] organization of development efforts

Panagiotis Papadopoulos pano_90 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 20 22:17:43 CET 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 22:58:58 nehlsen wrote:
> hi list,
>
> i would really like to participate more in the development efforts around rekonq.
> but i don't really know how, because all the cool items i would to get my hands on and like to see in the next version of rekonq are already been taken.
> (according to the roadmap at techbase)

AFAIK the list is not accurate 100(0)% ;-) I think you can already work on those items if you want to as there hasn't been anybody coding for most of these items/tasks yet.

> thats why i would really appreciate it if we could get a list of active 'branches' of development.
> like the awesome-bar which lives somewhere on gitorious, but that repository hasn't been touched for quite some time now (last commit october 7th)
> (but all i read so far, sounds awesome. so please, who ever began to work on that, please continue)

IIRC it was "stopped" because of some missing History stuff that IIRC has been/is going to get implemented by adjam soon.

> last but not least: where is the current development on the KDEWebKit integration?
> i would really like to get my hands on that because i would like to try to get some generic download manager infrastructure in place (like flashgot in firefox)
AFAIK adjam did that in the kderekonq branch:
http://www.gitorious.org/rekonq/mainline/commits/kderekonq
He wanted to merge this branch into mainline in the next couple of days.