[rekonq] Re : [Mockup] Contextual actions

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 24 18:48:06 CEST 2009

>Don't know what. But your "urlbar links preview" implementation was present in
>every merge request. So I fetched your code and "cherry-picked" (git help
>cherry-pick) the related commits.

I used kdevelop. When I change the branch, it perhaps has saved the previous modifications in the new branch. Or I have made a branch of a branch, is it possible ?

>You are surely right here. But my idea is: ok for shortcut, we can move them
>there. But does people really need to CONFIGURE TOOLBARS? Or people does it
>just because useful actions are not displayed correctly. I'm seriously
>thinking about removing this feature.
>And also about removing the bookmark toolbar (but this is another story..)

Ok. I am able to include shortcuts dialog. Anyway, for  the class of the widget inside the toolbar dialog is not accessible.

>> > 8) "Action Contextual Menu" is another good idea. I'm not sure we need
>> > that icon there, but I really like it.
>>
>> Advanced users don't need a copy button ^^. The idea of this mockup, is
>> that the button automatically change. For example, the translator in one
>> click would be a greet feature for me ^^.
>
>Thanks to KDE, we can perhaps quickly implement this. Just fixing a bit the
>actual contextual menu.
>Code is in WebView::contextMenuEvent() function. We need just to add the
>actions providing the related slots.

There is many useless things in the actual contextual menu when you select a text (New tab, reload). This is not very contextual ^^
Yes we can first fix it.

>Yes, position after text/url is ok, I was also thinking about. But there I'd
>like to put ALL important icons to notify user about:
>- PrivateBrowsing
>- KWallet (when we'll have it)
>- Developer Extras Enabled
>- ?

I need more informations.
PrivateBrowsing. Why not a light green urlbar background ?
KWallet: what should be notified ?
Developer Extras Enabled: a check box in the tools menu is not sufficient ?