[rekonq] Want rekonq to become the default browser?

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 10:30:22 CET 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 11:58:40 Markus wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I'm not sure if you know it already or not, but there is a serious chance
>  that Rekonq might become the default web browser in the next openSUSE
>  release. I'm now following the others closely, but I guess it's similar
>  for Fedora-KDE and Kubuntu.

I'm aware in Kubuntu are thinking about it, yes. But next release will be a
LTS, so things are quite unpredictable.
In Fedora-KDE we have just a spy... :)

Turning seriously, I'm surely happy about the news, but I have to say I'm a
bit... worried about.
We have too much features implemented in the last month, never tested, just in
its first implementation. And we need some other (at least the "file" and "ftp"
handling).
We also have the "name question" and the kde inclusion (not in extragear, just
in the sw modules, we are in kde border, yet) in mind.
Last thing, I wanna just remember that rekonq 0.4 will depend on kde 4.4, so
it will be difficult having a lot of testers until kde release

All this just to explain what I have in mind. I don't say it's not possible
match the dates. Probably the Christmas Holidays will help us sprinting and
implementing quite everything to be pretty ok for kde 4.4 RC release.
But I think we surely need for 0.4 the declared features implemented.
I, as rekonq user, am waiting for them :)

Regards,