[rekonq] Want rekonq to become the default browser?

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Sat Dec 12 17:23:09 CET 2009

Am Samstag 12 Dezember 2009 14:19:41 schrieb Matgic78:
> Hi,
>
> > 2010-01-26 	 Fedora feature Submission Deadline
> > February 2010	 (K)Ubuntu feature freeze (no idea when submission deadline
>
> Does it mean we need a final release, or only a beta release for january
>  26th ?

To be honest: I have no idea. I'm mainly involved with openSUSE and have
almost no idea about Fedora and Kubuntu besides what I've googled within a few
minutes.

openSUSE's next release taking until summer, Rekonq has enough time to do more
development. With Fedora and Kubuntu the time is more pressing.

> If it is Ok to have only a beta in january, then we can achieve all the
> feature plan, I think.

Maybe you guys should ask Kubuntu's and Fedora-KDE's dev teams what it needs
exactly to become default browser.
Pointing out that Rekonq just reuses upstream components (QtWebKit, KDE's
password, bookmark, and cookie management) might help as they are part of
Qt's/KDE's regular bugfix cycle anyway.

Maybe it would help, if you do a stable Rekonq release along with KDE SC 4.4.
You could even make it into the 4.4 release notes.

Are there any arguments against calling the next release 1.0? With KWallet and
Adblock support, I don't see any reason why it can't be called 1.0.

> Are you using rekonq daily ?

No, I do not. Qt 4.6 with KDE SC 4.3.4 is not a supported combination and I
had problems with "too new" Qt versions in the past.
There's also no one who offers Rekonq snapshots on openSUSE's Build Service.