[rekonq] download links are visited twice

Andrea Diamantini adjam7 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 23:33:16 CET 2009

On Saturday 12 December 2009 12:35:11 Ronny Scholz wrote:
> Andrea, how was the reaction from the webkitkde developers?
> The issue is still present in current webkitkde.
>
> Currently KIO::AccessManager uses KIO::mimetype() to get the mimetye of a
> download link.
> This is bad if we want to download the file afterwards without calling the
>  URL twice. The documentation states that in such a case KIO::get() should
>  be used for both mimetype identification and downloading.

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-
apidocs/kio/html/namespaceKIO.html#a77ad0bb0ff0400355a0f8a9ed16b8711

Ronny,
I need your help to fix this issue. That's because KDE schedule is really
pressing and I currently have so poor time to develop and test a good
solution.
You should contact David Faure (faure at kde.org) and Dawit Alemayehu
(adawit at kde.org) to explain the problem and try suggesting your solution.
Considering this as a bugfix, there's still time for 4.4 release.

Many thanks,