Plasma 6.8 soft freeze: preparation

Akseli Lahtinen akselmo at akselmo.dev
Thu Aug 27 23:35:41 BST 2026


On Tuesday 25 August 2026 20:41:41 Eastern European Summer Time Akseli wrote:
> On 24 August 2026 18.36.39 EEST, Bhushan Shah <bshah at kde.org> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Tomorrow is soft-freeze for KDE Plasma 6.8! So far I am aware about at 
least
> >request to add kup in Plasma release schedule, link for that discussion on
> >plasma-devel mailing list [1]
> >
> >Apart from that any other repository that we want to include in the 6.8
> >release? Dependency wise, we will be depending on Qt 6.11  and KDE
> >Frameworks 6.30.
> >
> >Any objections? Thoughts?
> >[1] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2026-August/124064.html
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >Bhushan Shah
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I would be very happy if my Union QStyle implementation would get in.
> 
> https://invent.kde.org/plasma/union/-/merge_requests/270
> 
> I do acknowledge it's a massive MR but getting this initial work in would
> allow me to finally work on all the bugs.
> 
> Since Union still has the "in development" name, minor bugs should not be an
> issue. It works rather well, just looks a bit wrong (which I will focus on
> next!)
> 
> I dont think its a showstopper but more like.. Pretty please? :)
> 
> Thanks,
> - Akseli

Just an update, the said MR got merged to master now! 

I will be working on various bugfixes next. Hopefully we'll get it
in even better state for 6.8, since I do want it to be included
for users to tinker with.

- Akseli

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 659 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/attachments/20260828/8eb3040a/attachment.sig>


More information about the Plasma-devel mailing list