Gitlab and plasma dev

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon May 18 15:11:12 BST 2020

On 5/18/20 8:07 AM, Luca Beltrame wrote:
> I'm of the opposite opinion: the mails don't affect me (they're sorted in
> subfolders by filters), but sometimes I've jumped in discussions and found
> regressions merely by reading mails as they arrived to the mailing lists.
>
> Subscribing to everything would be a hassle, it is much easier through a ML
> (and filters help separating discussions from merge requests).

Not everyone uses KMail and/or has or wants to use and set up elaborate
filtering capabilities. Requiring this to subscribe to the mailing list
without getting a huge amount of spam seems contrary to our goals of new
contributor friendliness (to say nothing of still using mailing lists in
general, but that's a different bikeshed).

Nate