D29765: Add a blurless SDDM theme

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 15 08:44:39 BST 2020

filipf added a comment.

  In D29765#671401 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29765#671401>, @broulik wrote:

  > Can we perhaps add infrastructure so that a theme can provide options?
  >  For instance, the look and feel package can add options to the lock screen KCM which we use for e.g. "always show clock" and "show media controls".
  >  I'm not keen on duplicating the entire theme for a single option.

  I would also prefer to just have it as an option, but turning off blur requires several workarounds to ensure legibility. That means there would be a bunch of conditionals in the theme. It's unfortunate there's no context here comparing the changes, but there's too many of them IMO. I'll add comments instead.

INLINE COMMENTS

> Main.qml:39
> +
> +    colorGroup: PlasmaCore.Theme.NormalColorGroup
> +

Changed from Complementary because with complementary you get a white password box and dark action button and footer backgrounds.

> Main.qml:114
> +        WallpaperFader {
> +            visible: false
> +            anchors.fill: parent

Disabled now, visually.

> Main.qml:120
> +            footer: footer
> +            footerBackground: footerBackground
> +        }

Dont mess with the clock do mess with the new footer bg.

> Main.qml:456
> +        //Footer
> +        Rectangle {
> +            id: footerBackground

New stuff

> ActionButton.qml:45
> +
> +    opacity: activeFocus || containsMouse ? 1 : 0.85
> +        Behavior on opacity {

Changed to ensure legibility.

> ActionButton.qml:60
> +        color: PlasmaCore.ColorScope.backgroundColor
> +        opacity: activeFocus || containsMouse ? 1 : 0.8
> +        Behavior on opacity {

Changef to ensure legibility.

> ActionButton.qml:98
> +
> +    DropShadow {
> +        anchors.fill: label

Added.

> ActionButton.qml:118
> +        }
> +        color: "white"
> +        style: softwareRendering ? Text.Outline : Text.Normal

Cant use black shadows with dark text

> Clock.qml:30
> +        text: Qt.formatTime(timeSource.data["Local"]["DateTime"])
> +        color: "white"
> +        style: softwareRendering ? Text.Outline : Text.Normal

We cannot use black shadows with dark text.

> UserDelegate.qml:47
> +
> +    opacity: isCurrent ? 1.0 : 0.6
> +

Increased to ensure legibility

> UserDelegate.qml:63
> +        color: PlasmaCore.ColorScope.backgroundColor
> +        opacity: 0.8
> +    }

Increased to ensure legibilty.

> UserDelegate.qml:120
> +
> +        property var colorBorder: PlasmaCore.ColorScope.backgroundColor
> +

Changed from textColor to better fit in.

> UserDelegate.qml:163
> +
> +    DropShadow {
> +        anchors.fill: usernameDelegate

Didn't exist before.

> UserDelegate.qml:184
> +        width: constrainText ? parent.width : implicitWidth
> +        color: "white"
> +        text: wrapper.name

We cannot use black shadows with dark text.

> WallpaperFader.qml:35
> +    property Item footer
> +    property Item footerBackground
> +    property alias source: wallpaperBlur.source

WallpaperFader no longer deals with the clock since it always needs a shadow. It does now have to deal with footer bg.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace