D29264: New tabs for Breeze

Manuel Jesús de la Fuente noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 6 16:27:10 BST 2020

manueljlin added a comment.

  In D29264#663444 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29264#663444>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I would suggest to re-add the darkened background for inactive tabs

  +1
  I think it would still look fine with the 1px color line rounded at the top

  F8289464: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8289464>

  2x
  F8289499: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8289499>

  Maybe it could even be extended to the top of the outline so it's 2px, but that might be slightly hacky and/or inconsistent
  F8289535: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F8289535>

  > Using only color to communicate the "current tab" state would jive with that, but then I start to think that we don't have enough color here and that it should look more like a Plasma tab, with a thicker highlight bar and the whole background colored

  Hmm, I think that might look out of place seeing how breeze mostly uses
  1px lines. I also believe that instead of coloring the entire tab background
  with the highlight color, it should just use contrasting colors (selected tab
  and content with view bg, the slightly darker inactive tab bg and the
  outline of the tabs should work)

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze