D27669: [kstyle] Tools area

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 13 00:08:55 GMT 2020

hpereiradacosta added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cblack wrote in breezestyle.cpp:4382
> The issue is that the QStyle only has the global icon palette to mutate for the tools area.  If the custom palette were to be left intact, that would affect widgets it's not supposed to. There is no other code flow that won't result in KIconLoader using a custom palette when it shouldn't.
>
> The reason this is necessary in the first place is that KIconLoader doesn't honor the widget palettes set elsewhere in the QStyle. This code is simply working with what it's being given, and the issues that lead to this solution are deep-rooted in Qt. You simply cannot do anything else without likely breaking Qt's current APIs that are in control of this.

I am sorry to say this is a serious show stopper.
One cannot reset/update the kiconloader palette at every repaint event for every single toolbutton in toolbars especially when there are animations (not only for the active inactive switch but also simply mouse-over).

If there is no way to make this more efficient, then as far as I am concerned this is a no-go.

Maybe one could try to cache the icons ourselves ? (and trigger cache clear when appropriate ?)

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze