Proposal: Dynamic Wallpapers in Plasma

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 06:08:59 GMT 2020

We need to tweak the name as we have many wallpapers that are dynamic. This
is a specific subset within that.

Code wise, we have both sun positions and clock skew management in the time
dataengine already.

I'm fine for things becoming public qml plugins instead of dataengines
using that code, porting the existing clocks and deprecating the
dataengine, but we want to avoid duplication of active code.

>QImageReader class can't be used to read image collections

What do you need that you can't do as a sequence?