Proposal: Dynamic Wallpapers in Plasma

Vlad Zahorodnii vladzzag at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:04:22 GMT 2020

On 3/10/20 1:27 PM, Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:
> There's QImageIOHandler::Description which can store arbitrary text data
> in an image. You reckon QImageIOHandler could be extended to support
> whatever metadata you need to read/write?

Yes, it would be fine for our specific use case. We're interested only
in XMP metadata after all. But please don't forget that an image in a
HEIF file may have other metadata associated with it as well.

Heh, I also forgot to mention that we'd still probably need a custom
writer class because it appears like Qt has nothing that one could use
to write an image sequence or image collection.

Cheers,
Vlad