Proposal: Dynamic Wallpapers in Plasma

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Tue Mar 10 11:27:18 GMT 2020

Hi,

you know I'm a big fan of your dynamic wallpaper work :)

 > It's worth to point out that there is an upstream patch to add one [2].

Given 5.15 is feature frozen already, I think we won't see this anytime
soon. It could be worth a try contacting the author if they're willing
to include it in kimageformats, and then re-evaluate once Qt (6?) will
have the handler upstream.

 >  we would still need those two classes because QImageIOHandler lacks
an API to read and write image metadata.

There's QImageIOHandler::Description which can store arbitrary text data
in an image. You reckon QImageIOHandler could be extended to support
whatever metadata you need to read/write?

Cheers
Kai Uwe