D27938: 'Classic' and 'Redmond' button icon styles, configurable via Breeze window decoration settings

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 9 03:42:23 GMT 2020

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In my opinion this should really go into a different decoration. Starting to have "styles inside styles" inside a single decoration is a UI mess.
  If you want to turn breeze into a theme engine and not a theme, then so be it, but one must go the full way. Not just essentially duplicating the code to render a different set of visually orthogonal buttons into the engine. The new buttons must have a different entry in the kcm. Not be selectable by an internal option.  See how decoration engines like aurorae implements different entries in decoration page as the way it should be.
  How is a new user supposed to discover that what she/he sees in the KCM is not the only set of icons she/he can chose ?
  Also on the code side, the current patch makes the code maintainability much more complicated.

  Now I am not the maintainer any more. So feel free to ignore my opinion here.
  But I cannot +1 this, sorry. (although the idea is nice, design is nice, etc.)

  Hugo

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze