D26681: [TabBox] Thumbnail Grid window switcher

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 15 18:51:57 GMT 2020

Zren added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in main.qml:183
> you can use Layout.preferredWidth
>
> One shouldn't specifiy a width/height from an item inside a layout

Uhg, I was using `width: parent.height` and `height: parent.height` but changed it when cleaning it up. I must've not staged all the changes before diffing. This has made me notice another bug though.

By using `height: parent.height`, I was basically setting it at `height: 22`, which is smaller than the "close button" which is 30x30.

  width: parent.height
  height: parent.height

F7884740: 2020-01-15___12-05-59.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7884740>

  Layout.fillHeight: true
  Layout.minimumWidth: height
  Layout.maximumWidth: Layout.minimumWidth

This makes the icon slightly larger than I'm used to.
F7884741: 2020-01-15___12-04-32.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7884741>

I've also noticed why I added `clip: true` to the `KWin.ThumbnailItem`, apparently the close button is 30x30, which is taller than the `captionRow.height: 22`. Here's a look at the overflow after removing `clip: true` and `clipTo: parent`:
Outlines with: `Rectangle { anchors.fill: parent; border.color: "#f00"; border.width: 1; color: "transparent" }`
F7884784: 2020-01-15___12-31-12.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7884784>

I've fixed it all in the latest diff:
F7884833: 2020-01-15___12-38-31.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7884833>
F7884834: 2020-01-15___12-55-01.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7884834>

> davidedmundson wrote in main.qml:231
> GridView has it's own input handling you shouldn't need this anyway.
>
> If keyboard doesn't work, chances are your activeFocus is incorrect.
>
> I can only see focus: true on
>
>   id: dialogMainItem
>
> it should be on the gridview instead

Arrow keys work. Sorry, forgot to this comment.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons