D24194: Add per-domain media controls blacklist

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 26 15:29:40 BST 2019

broulik added a comment.

  > AFAICT it doesn't reload the mpris state in the content-script immediately when settings change, can that be implemented?

  First we need D24203 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24203>.
  It might be tricky to properly unload e.g. the media sessions stuff, but I can look into this.
  Actually, I wanted to implement "live" settings changes for the other settings (like breeze scroll bars and what not) in a later step, too, for which D24203 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D24203> is a prerequisite.

INLINE COMMENTS

> fvogt wrote in action_popup.js:20
> `getCurrentTabUrl()`

The class is named `TabUtils` but I can change the method if you want..

> fvogt wrote in action_popup.js:46
> Maybe `runAt: "document_start"` to speed it up a bit? I'm not sure about the implications.

Don't think this will change much, given it is only executed when you click the toolbar button, at which point the page is probably already loaded, but I'll give it a try

> fvogt wrote in action_popup.js:62
> Whitespace?

Intentional, for a bit of visual grouping

> fvogt wrote in action_popup.js:118
> Currently calling `set(domain, false);` twice has a different result from `set(domain, false);` once, so maybe split into `whitelist(domain)` and `blacklist(domain)`)?

Imho the caller shouldn't have to care about whether it needs to be whitelisted or removed from the blacklist. The whitelist is only so that the user can opt-in to websites which we by default blacklist.

> fvogt wrote in content-script.js:68
> Is this guaranteed to be identical to `new URL(window.location.href).hostname` as used in utils?

Good question, no idea, probably. :)

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration