D20930: Update WireGuard to match NetworkManager 1.16 interface

Bruce Anderson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 11 07:57:47 BST 2019

andersonbruce marked 8 inline comments as done.
andersonbruce added a comment.

  Update to fix some comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> jgrulich wrote in connectionicon.cpp:403
> You can now use NetworkManager::Device::WireGuard.

There is still a discrepancy between the enum defined by NetworkManager and the one defined by NMQT.  NetworkManager is returning a value of 29 but NetworkManager::Device::WireGuard has a value of 30.

> jgrulich wrote in wireguardpeerwidget.cpp:52
> You can change all the validators to take all the necessary parameters as first and then have a default value for the parent object so you don't need to pass a nullptr.
>
> E.g.
>
>   explicit SimpleIpV4AddressValidator(AddressStyle style = AddressStyle::Base, QObject *parent = nullptr);
>
> I should have noticed this before. Can you change all the validators you use this way?

SimpleIpV4AddressValidator and SimpleIpV6AddressValidator were intentionally done this way because they were existing functions that I didn't want to break when I added new (defaulted) parameters for use in with WireGuard functionality.

Since changing these two will involve changes to non-WireGuard code and it makes sense to do them all at the same time, can we write this up as a separate Bug?

> jgrulich wrote in networkmodelitem.cpp:480
> There is already WireGuard device in NMQT with KF5 5.58 which you should be able to use.

This was just an extraneous comment so it was removed

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet