D20930: Update WireGuard to match NetworkManager 1.16 interface

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 12 15:43:36 BST 2019

jgrulich added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> andersonbruce wrote in connectionicon.cpp:403
> There is still a discrepancy between the enum defined by NetworkManager and the one defined by NMQT.  NetworkManager is returning a value of 29 but NetworkManager::Device::WireGuard has a value of 30.

This is correct, we are unfortunately +1 because back then there was a device which we add support for and later during the NM development cycle it was renamed and I couldn't just simply rename or remove an enum, because it would break ABI. You can see in NMQT that there is code converting NM  device type to NMQT device type so we this coverd.

> andersonbruce wrote in wireguardpeerwidget.cpp:52
> SimpleIpV4AddressValidator and SimpleIpV6AddressValidator were intentionally done this way because they were existing functions that I didn't want to break when I added new (defaulted) parameters for use in with WireGuard functionality.
>
> Since changing these two will involve changes to non-WireGuard code and it makes sense to do them all at the same time, can we write this up as a separate Bug?

Ok, we can do that in a separate review.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet