D19822: [Task Manager] Toggle mute when the audio indicator is clicked

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 28 12:26:33 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  > In projects where maintenance is lacking you will notice a trend towards options sprawl for that reason.

  That doesn't make sense. It might mean there's a lack of direction but not necessarily a lack of maintenance. Whether expansion leads to "option sprawl" really is a matter of opinion.

  > The suggestion wrt/ hover feedback that you all seem to like comes from asking "what's the actual problem, and is an option the best way to address it?". See why the mental habit is useful?

  That is a leading question (and a strawman fallacy) based on the supposition that there is a problem. It may be and most often is a matter of preference.

  > "Plasma does the right thing without needing to be tweaked in the first place" is a more lofty and mature aspiration than "Plasma is infinitely tweakable".

  Plasma being infinitely tweakable doesn't entail its not doing "the right thing" in the first place. Versatility doesn't mean indecisiveness.

  > "We had so many options we went from one page to two pages, so now we can add more options!" :-)

  Just use the one page then and claim there's no more room for more features :-)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop