Notes for 4/3/2019 monday meeting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:35:10 GMT 2019

Eike:
* Not much from my end however
* I'd like a review for https://phabricator.kde.org/D19257, it's been sitting
for 2-3 weeks
* I'm also finishing https://phabricator.kde.org/D19259 after the meeting, you
could combine reviewing that in a few hours, too

Kai Uwe:
Work done:
- Found (well, fvogt did through openQA but I found what was going on :D)
severe breakage in KArchive breaking icon loading other bits all over the
place
-- Reverted for now until a proper solution is found
- IconItem blocks animation based on window visibility now, too
- File chooser portal confirms overwrite now
Work todo:
- Catching up with bugs and reports and reviews
- Some icon applet work
- Investigate what libjumplistaction needs to be able to do
-- Check all places the use jumplistactions and how they do it
--- e.g. C++-only QMenu, QVariantList with actions passed to QML which then
builds the menu etc)
-- and then figure out a suitable API
- Fix currentIndex woes in Color KCM with filter proxy model ontop

David:
* Merged my Kwin XdgShell changes. No breakages \o/
* Cleaning up libkworskpace2 part 1 is on review. It's soo much tidier.
* Part 2 will kill the horrible kdisplaymanager and port SessionsModel to use
it.
* I've also got a branch splitting autostart out of ksmserver.  Needs a tiny
bit of tidying and one thing hooking up. Other than that, seems to work.
*  Benchmarking seems to show it'll be worth it
* that's in a branch davidedmundson/ksession
* Made 2 Qt patches this week:
*  * putting icons on some remaining buttons in QButtonBox.
*  * A QApplication attribute to skip the session manager. Saves copying the
weird 5 lines everywhere and will be faster too
* I'd like a review of the public headers in D19389 even if we don't review
the actual code
<sKreamer> Diff 19389 "[WIP] Rewrite kworkspace logout, shutdown and suspend
API" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D19389

GB_2
* I'd appreciate if someone could finally help here: https://
phabricator.kde.org/D17410
 Diff 17410 "Add alternatives button to applet configuration in panel edit
mode" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D17410

Roman:
I mostly worked on other projects last week. There are some patches up since
week before awaiting review: D18465 D19199 D19207 D19208 D19262. that's all.
thanks.
 Diff 18465 "[platforms/wayland] Multi output support" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D18465
 Diff 19199 "[platforms/fbdev] Port to AbstractOutput" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D19199
 Diff 19207 "[platforms/x11/windowed] Port to AbstractOutput" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D19207
 Diff 19208 "[platforms/x11/standalone] Port to AbstractOutput" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D19208
 Diff 19262 "Delayed focus updates for Toplevels without surface" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D19262

Marco:
Kirigami:
* done the shannon entropy based detector for monochrome icons (relevant only
for platforms without kiconloader such android and gnome in minimal dependency
mode, but throws away heuristics in many other places making it simpler and
slightly more reliable D19392 and i don't think there is any other way, at
least for Qt5
* finished the giant pagerow c++ rewrite, landed
* fixed some issues in pages scrolling and flicking especially in mobile mode

Plasma-NetworkManager:
* a way for the QML mobile kcm to receive the message that the password is
wrong, to bypass the qwidget dialog completely D19306

KWin:
* Please review D18818
 Diff 18818 "virtualkeyboard: resize the focused window to make room for the
keyboard" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D18818

--
Marco Martin