D19389: [WIP] Rewrite kworkspace logout, shutdown and suspend API

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 20 22:55:20 GMT 2019

broulik added a comment.

  +1
  Nice and clean, no real complaints.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kworkspace.cpp:70
>
> +void requestShutDown(KWorkSpace::ShutdownConfirm, KWorkSpace::ShutdownType, KWorkSpace::ShutdownMode)
> +{

:)

> sessionmanagement.cpp:32
> +
> +// add a constructor with the servica names and paths pre-populated
> +class LogoutPromptIface : public OrgKdeLogoutPromptInterface {

*service

> sessionmanagement.cpp:95
> +{
> +    return KAuthorized::authorizeAction(QStringLiteral("start_new_session"));
> +}

The old one also checked KDM or whatever for "free ttys", is that still a thing?

> sessionmanagementbackend.cpp:46
> +        s_backend = new LogindSessionBackend();
> +    } else if (ConsoleKitSessionBackend::exists() ){
> +        s_backend = new ConsoleKitSessionBackend();

Coding style

> sessionmanagementbackend.cpp:51
> +    }
> +    Q_ASSERT(s_backend);
> +

Can this even be hit?

> sessionmanagementbackend.cpp:84
> +        } else {
> +            // DECISION FIXME, do we want to show the option in the menu if the response is "challenge"?
> +            *argToUpdate = reply.value() == QLatin1String("yes")  ? true : false;

I would say yes. If one wants to hide from UI they can use KIOSK?
Docs perhaps need updating that Polkit is obviously prefered since kiosk is mostly UI and not real security

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace