D22418: WIP [wayland] make automatic backend selection truly automatic

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 20 15:48:29 BST 2019

graesslin added a comment.

  I'm not convinced that removing the ifdef is the solution to the problem. What you basically want is being able to do an out-of-tree build of a backend. Ideally you would want to install all the variants next to each other and be able to pick the correct one.

  So what about the following idea: The plugins provide the command line arguments themselves (e.g. a static method that's queried) and specify the checks themselves. Thus we would externalize the resolution to the plugin.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin