D18290: Use KWin's D-Bus interface to get desktop layout rows on Wayland

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 16 12:23:15 GMT 2019

hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in virtualdesktopinfo.cpp:218
> Would it be safer to assume there's 1 row until we update.
>
> I'm sure we have some
>
> columns = count / rows
>
> code somewhere

Indeed. I had 1 initially, but somehow it changed during editing. I'll change it.

> davidedmundson wrote in virtualdesktopinfo.cpp:293
> why?
>
> If it's not registered it won't emit the signal anyway so there's no need to disconnect.
> And the regular connect would persist regardless.
>
> It would arguably make sense to re-query the initial state on service registration in case it changed whilst kwin was offline - but that's not what this does.

It's identical to the code in the KCM that passed review, and I didn't want to take any chances with this one due to the timeline. I think I might leave it as-is, since it's going to be replaced in 5.16 anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace