D15093: Add WireGuard capability.

Pino Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 3 18:23:29 BST 2018

pino added a comment.

  In D15093#319336 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15093#319336>, @andersonbruce wrote:

  > If you as a representative of the plasma-nm philosophy have a preference on which way to go or have a brilliant idea which solves all the problems, I will follow your lead.

  I'm not a plasma-nm developer, @jgrulich is :)
  Your explanation makes sense, thanks for taking the time to explain it. One thing I (don't) see is the configuration of pre/post scripts in plasma-nm for other types of connections (I can only check for wired, wireless, and openvpn). Maybe a possible idea is to leave them out for the first version, and implement them later if a) deemed appropriate for plasma-nm users b) solved their configuration mess as you described it.

INLINE COMMENTS

> andersonbruce wrote in wireguard.cpp:175-178
> The problem with using the KConfig method is if a space slips into the config file before or after the comma then the spaces are left in one or the other of the QStrings and I have to process each entry in the list to remove the spaces. The files can come from elsewhere, e.g. I have some provided by my VPN which have spaces in comma separated lists. Using split allows both operations to be performed at the same time.

This is what `QString::trimmed()` does already. Considering you are passing the string directly to QHostAddress, it is just easy to write

  const QPair<QHostAddress, int> addressIn = QHostAddress::parseSubnet(addressList[i].trimmed());

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet