D15702: User can define margins for the desktop

Michail Vourlakos noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 15 12:50:14 BST 2018

mvourlakos added a comment.

  In D15702#343328 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15702#343328>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Code wise we already have something to make sure Containments don't overlap with hidden panels  (Corona::availableScreenRect) which we override in shellcorona, I don't think we need a second one at a different layer.

  there is also availableScreenRegion that plasma is using when dragging applets but how can Latte access them ?
  Only way I thought it would be a dbus protocol and that would make things complex.

  > UI wise, it seems non-optimial; latte dock users have to take a manual step and we get an additionally more complex UI.
  >  Does Latte know the size a user would want?

  Latte knows exactly how much space the user wants but I dont know how to inform plasma for this.

  > Is there a use-case outside latte?

  I suppose that all dock implementations fall into the case... such as Plank, Cairo dock etc...

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop