D15702: User can define margins for the desktop

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 15 10:18:41 BST 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  I fully understand we want something. I'm not convinced by this as-is.

  Code wise we already have something to make sure Containments don't overlap with hidden panels  (Corona::availableScreenRect) which we override in shellcorona, I don't think we need a second one at a different layer.

  UI wise, it seems non-optimial; latte dock users have to take a manual step and we get an additionally more complex UI.
  Does Latte know the size a user would want? Is there a use-case outside latte?

INLINE COMMENTS

> FolderView.qml:1127
> +                //! x,y values in acceptable values
> +                var boundedX = isContainment ? Math.min(Math.max(cellWidth / 2, x - main.anchors.leftMargin), scrollArea.width - cellWidth / 2) : x;
> +                var boundedY = isContainment ? Math.min(Math.max(cellHeight / 2, y - main.anchors.topMargin), scrollArea.height - cellHeight / 2) : y;

I don't understand this change?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop