D14949: Add option for whether to show the volume change OSD

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 3 18:32:21 BST 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > What is this "mechanism" you are talking about? I'm intrigued!

  We have a mechanism for theme providers to change the OSD. (the whole LNF package stuff). They can override all qml, that qml does the positioning.

  The recurring pattern that we want to avoid is having a framework where theme creators can set everything, whilst simultaneously the default theme becomes itself a theme engine itself by having a billion options.