Monday meeting notes for 26/11/2018

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:44:37 GMT 2018

Roman:
-----------
What I did:
-----------
* Rebased my touch input patches locally on master and tested them on my live
system.
* Replied to review comment in D16990 and D17007 <- needs decision on how to
move forward
 Diff 16990 "[kded] Change configuration storage path" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D16990
 Diff 17007 "Do hash and hex name based output hashes" [Needs Revision]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D17007
----------------------
What I want to do now:
----------------------
* I will merge my touch input / input device handler patch series today if no
criticial problems to be found anymore. In my test run no bugs occurred.
* Rebase Xwayland dnd patch series on master, in particular make them
compatible with above patch series.
Touch input / input device handler patches series starting at: D15502
 Diff 15502 "Float position values in drag input filter" [Accepted] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D15502
(need a config migration strategy or wait kf6)

Kai Uwe:
Work done:
 - plasma-browser-integration fixes
 -- media controls now find purely JS-created Audio() players, should add
support for more streaming sites
 -- fixed KDE Connect plugin to update device availability at runtime
 - Looked into making free space bar in file dialog fully async, WIP D16311
but needs more work
 Diff 16311 "RFC: [KFilePlacesView] Use asynchronous
KIO::FileSystemFreeSpaceJob" [Needs Revision] https://phabricator.kde.org/
D16311
 Work todo:
 - Mostly company stuff
 - do new plasma-browser-integration release tomorrow for Plasma 5.14.4, d_ed
 -- please review: D17169 D17170
 Diff 17169 "Include Breeze scrollbar CSS inline" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D17169
 Diff 17170 "Include actual player source in metadata" [Needs Review] https://
phabricator.kde.org/D17170

Vlad:
Well, I don't have too much this week.
Done:
* /Maybe/ fixed dangling pointers in the unconstrained stacking order; (I'm
still not quite sure whether it fixes 400854 and co. I've asked for more
details, let's see what I'll get)
* All scripted effects are now tested in effect loader tests;
* Deleted now copies the effective window type.
Under review/Waiting for review:
* Expose Wayland clients to the scripting API;
* Port the existing users of the binary Dim Screen effect to the scripted
version;
* "Fix" lowerClient/raiseClient for group transients.
Todo:
* Fix wrong cursor when resizing windows on Wayland.

David:
* last week and this one will be mostly used to work on KIO

Marco:
* mostly work-work stuff, so not much on plasma
Kirigami:
* center FormLayout
* layouting bug fixed in FormLayout BUG 400671
* hide context drawer on desktop apps with a toolbar by defaut, avoiding
duplication of the context menu
QQC2:
* landed text selection controls for touchscreens
--
Marco Martin