D16897: Allow windows to be closed from the window switchers

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 15 16:48:07 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D16897#359911 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16897#359911>, @graesslin wrote:

  > In D16897#359900 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16897#359900>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Good point, guys. I'll start with `StandardKey.Close` for now and see about making the KWin changes later (I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated by KWin's codebase!).
  >

  > I would prefer if the standardKey.Close is not used. This is an in-application shortcut used by Qt, but not necessarily by GTK or other toolkits. It is not used by the window manager. Please don't mix in-application shortcuts and global shortcuts. It would be confusing to users.

  Isn't the in-application shortcut for window closing exactly what the user would expect? From another perspective, the implementation of this feature in other window managers and other platforms (macOS, GNOME) uses the same window-closing shortcut in the switcher, so it seems that this is what is expected and common.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons