D16897: Allow windows to be closed from the window switchers

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 16 12:16:08 GMT 2018

graesslin added a comment.

  In D16897#359912 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16897#359912>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D16897#359911 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16897#359911>, @graesslin wrote:
  >
  > > In D16897#359900 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16897#359900>, @ngraham wrote:
  > >
  > > > Good point, guys. I'll start with `StandardKey.Close` for now and see about making the KWin changes later (I'll admit I'm a bit intimidated by KWin's codebase!).
  > >

  > > I would prefer if the standardKey.Close is not used. This is an in-application shortcut used by Qt, but not necessarily by GTK or other toolkits. It is not used by the window manager. Please don't mix in-application shortcuts and global shortcuts. It would be confusing to users.
  >

  > Isn't the in-application shortcut for window closing exactly what the user would expect? From another perspective, the implementation of this feature in other window managers and other platforms (macOS, GNOME) uses the same window-closing shortcut in the switcher, so it seems that this is what is expected and common.

  And how do you know the in-application shortcut of a window? What's for example the in application close window shortcut of Konsole or xterm? There simply is no universal shortcut. Also our default shortcut for Qt application is ctrl+q which simply is impossible to press in an alt+tab session.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons