D12855: Move Widget search field to its own row so it doesn't get compressed

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 14 18:48:05 UTC 2018

sharvey marked 2 inline comments as done and 2 inline comments as done.
sharvey added a comment.

  More revising in progress. Units. Bah humbug.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in WidgetExplorer.qml:203
> Can we use some multiple of `units.smallSpacing` or something here instead of a hardcoded pixel value?

Switched to regular `gridUnit` sizing. `Units` would appear to be the de facto measurement in Plasmaworld. They're based on DPI and are supposed to scale independently, so, yes - better than pixels. Whether `units.gridUnits` or `units.smallSpacing` is used seems to depend solely on the scale needed and your willingness to do multiplication. Both variations are used in the (unmodified) scroll area of this Explorer.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop