D11166: Simplify display when there's only a single input device and a single output device

David Rosca noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 13 16:05:34 UTC 2018

drosca added a comment.

  In D11166#224814 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11166#224814>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Can you help me understand why this might be unwanted in that circumstance? You'd still have only one input and one output, no?

  In case where both cards support both input/output, but it was disabled by selecting according profile, I think it is still useful to know from which card it comes.

  > If you want, I can do the same there too. But I opted not to since the Applications tab is a more advanced UI and will only more rarely have a single playback stream and a single capture stream.

  Here I would like to hide the header when there are only apps playing audio, not recording. This should be the most common case.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet