D11166: Simplify display when there's only a single input device and a single output device

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 13 16:10:49 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D11166#224822 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11166#224822>, @drosca wrote:

  > In D11166#224814 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11166#224814>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Can you help me understand why this might be unwanted in that circumstance? You'd still have only one input and one output, no?
  >

  > In case where both cards support both input/output, but it was disabled by selecting according profile, I think it is still useful to know from which card it comes.

  If that's a hard requirement for this patch, I might need some help with it.

  >> If you want, I can do the same there too. But I opted not to since the Applications tab is a more advanced UI and will only more rarely have a single playback stream and a single capture stream.
  >
  > Here I would like to hide the header when there are only apps playing audio, not recording. This should be the most common case.

  OK, I can do that.

INLINE COMMENTS

> drosca wrote in DeviceListItem.qml:39
> Why do you change opacity? It makes it inconsistent with applications tab.

Check out the screenshot. If I hadn't conditionally changed the opacity here, then in the Simple Mode, the header text would look very light, instead of being fully opaque.= the way it should be.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet