D13481: Recommend window border size "None"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 21 16:17:48 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D13481#281295 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13481#281295>, @graesslin wrote:

  > In D13481#280754 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13481#280754>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Right. That's not a workflow I think I've ever seen anyone do with a windowed game.
  >

  > Did you read my comment? Let me quote: "please don't tell me that nobody would use a fps in windowed mode. This is an example for problems with the dead zone"

  I understand that you gave an example to illustrate the point rather than to focus on the details of the example, but your choice of example supports my argument that any potential issues here represent tiny 0.01% minority cases that it doesn't make sense to fixate on for the purposes of determine what a good default is. As you've often pointed out, you can't please everyone--nor should you try. In this case, we wouldn't even be saying, "sorry, KWin doesn't support that." Instead we would be saying, "if you want to do that, you can make it happen with any of several very simple tweaks."

  I also pointed out that in my prior professional experience working on another platform that has the exact behavior (macOS), I'm not aware of a single user complaint regarding your concerns. I also mentioned that I approve of Roman's proposed fix, which would solve the issue (if any).

  Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze