D13481: Recommend window border size "None"

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 21 15:24:09 UTC 2018

graesslin added a comment.

  To everyone here: you are extremely experienced developers and software users, partially working in the window manager area. Of course you understand why the dead zone happens and of course you are able to adapt to it. But please think of your users. I fear they won't understand it. Also with click the dead zone might be obvious. With just mouse hover it might not. Please try not to argument for this strong behavior change with anecdotal evidence like "I use this for years".

  In the end it comes down to form follows function. I think that this is a case where the impact of functionality change is large and thus form needs to follow. Futhermore I have to say that my proposals I did in the task are also not going to solve it. After thinking more and more about it I see mainly an issue with resize outside the window and the impacts it has. My ideas there also tried to use it and thus are not a solution.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze