D13481: Recommend window border size "None"

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 20 18:12:51 UTC 2018

graesslin added a comment.

  In D13481#279575 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13481#279575>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > There are two visual hints when the mouse is inside the deadzone.
  >
  >   You would still get the different cursor
  >   The client gets the mouse left event and would not show any hover effect on whatever control might be there.

  Which might already be problematic. E.g. for things like first person shooters (please don't tell me that nobody would use a fps in windowed mode. This is an example for problems with the dead zone). Basically we break the complete idea of window snapping.

  I don't like this change. I fear it will create much harm for questionable visual improvements. I recommend against this.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze