Discussion for Virtual Desktops and Activities future

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 20:59:00 BST 2018

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 1:54 PM David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> * Windows are not directly associated with activities
>
> * Windows are on N virtual desktops
>
> * Kwin and plasmashell taskamanager/pagers only speak virtual desktops. References to both VDs and activities in the UI are reduced to 1 list.
>
> * The provider of the list of virtual desktops is ultimately kactivitymanagerd

This is an interesting proposal (which i need to think about it a bit more),
tough in the meantime made me me think another approach:
* Virtual desktops as usual
* a virtual desktop can be pinned to an activity, so switching to it
would also switch the activity (and the other way around.. i guess)

so there would be some desktops fused with an activity some not.
the association could be 1:1 or m:n.. tough i see m:n would risk to
gather again a very confusing ui

--
Marco Martin