D9627: Use combobox to choose shadow size and use more appropriate values for menu & tooltip shadow sizes

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 5 18:56:09 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9627#186631, @rkflx wrote:

  > As we now have three comboboxes (sizes of shadow, border, window buttons) all with slightly different options, we could think about unifying these, both in the number of options (not too many) and the wording (no "normal"/"default" etc.). For example Tiny > Small > Medium > Large > Huge plus special cases (e.g. No [Side] Borders). Different patch, of course. Thoughts?

  Great idea. I even wonder if we actually need Tiny as an option. It seems to me that the kind of person who wants Tiny window borders generally prefers None at all (disclosure: I am one such person). Same for shadows, really. But yes, this is a discussion for another patch.

  >  ---
  >
  >> Small is the old default value for people who preferred that.
  >
  > Works for the menu, but the window shadow is not as before for me. Maybe insert Tiny with 6px + 6px?

  Are you sure? the old shadow default was 16px, which is replicated in the Small option. Of course it doesn't look //exactly// the same as before since the old shadow was right-biased, so it looked bigger than 16px on the right side, and almost non-existent on the left side. But technically, we do still have a 16px shadow option.

  > @ngraham BTW, how did you solve the `.so` problem in the end?

  In the end the `.so`s weren't actually being compiled with my changes due to stale files in my checkout. After doing a clean, the libraries were generated correctly and then installing them using my prior procedure worked fine.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  master