D9627: Use combobox to choose shadow size and use more appropriate values for menu & tooltip shadow sizes

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 5 19:48:49 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9627#186637, @ngraham wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9627#186631, @rkflx wrote:
  >
  > > Works for the menu, but the window shadow is not as before for me. Maybe insert Tiny with 16px + 16px?
  >

  > Are you sure? the old shadow default was 16px, which is replicated in the Small option. Of course it doesn't look //exactly// the same as before since the old shadow was right-biased, so it looked bigger than 16px on the right side, and almost non-existent on the left side. But technically, we do still have a 16px shadow option.

  For me Small looks like this currently (note the bigger window shadow, while you claim it should be smaller with centering):

  F5622435: small-after.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5622435>

  Before, it looked like this (note the size of the window shadow is the same small size as the menu shadow):

  F5622437: small-before.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5622437>

  Essentially all I want is that we provide a fallback for those not liking the change (personally I like it), they have to accept the centering anyway. I guess that's what we would get with 12px menu shadow + 12 px window shadow? (Not 16px, because we have to account for the centering). As far as I understand the code, currently Small is 12px + 32px. We would not need to change that, just add another which gets us the old behaviour.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  master