D10668: Fix PowerDevil shortcuts migration

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 19 20:02:48 UTC 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  5.11 -> 5.12 migrated shortcuts from kded5 to the correct component name
  org_kde_powerdevil for good reasons
  However, despite a kconfupdate script working correctly and moving the
  old keys, kglobalaccel is running whilst we update and it syncs the old
  values later. On future loads it detects the duplication and removes the
  powerdevil entries.

  This patch removes the old powermanagent entries in the kded5 component
  at powerdevil startup which is at runtime where we can talk to
  kglobalaccel, but before powerdevil has registered the new actions.

  This should handle both users that haven't upgraded to 5.12 yet, as well
  as users who hit the previous config script.

  Ideally kconf_update needs to be patched to do migration at appropriate
  times.

  BUG: 389991
  FIXED-IN: 5.12.2

TEST PLAN
  "broke" my config by putting in values in the old place with a custom shortcut for poweroff
  Restarted kglobalaccel
  Ran powerdevil
  Shortucts worked
  Cleanly quit kglobalaccel
  Config stayed synced

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt
  daemon/powerdevilapp.cpp
  daemon/powerdevilapp.h
  kconf_update/CMakeLists.txt
  kconf_update/powerdevil_move_shortcuts.upd