Plasma 4 bug reports: Open for bugs

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Feb 2 05:43:12 UTC 2018

Am 2018-02-01 22:19, schrieb David Edmundson:
> In bugzilla a product can be "Open for bug entry" or not.
> It can also be done at a per-version level.
>
> When unset a user will not see it in the "enter bug" list, or the
> version won't be listed. If they force it, they'll get a message like:
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Aktion
>
> Currently Plasma 4 is "open for bug entry".
>
> One can also enter a bug on the 4.x entries on products like
> systemsettings, kscreenlocker etc.

kscreenlocker is still a product in 5.

> Should we disable them? It still gets a few every month and it's
> wasting the user's time if we're clearly not going to do anything with
> it.

+1

> FWIW: I've already disabled new bugs on plasmashell 5.0 -> 5.7, I know
> Martin does the same in kwin

I'm even more strict. For KWin the following rules are applied:
  * latest two minor version of current release (e.g. currently 5.11.5
and 5.11.4)
  * latest two minor version of current LTS release (e.g. currently 5.8.7
and 5.8.8)
  * latest development release
  * master

The main thinking is: I'm not interested in triaging bugs for 5.10, we
won't do fixes any more. Neither am I interested in bugs for 5.11.3 ->
distros should update.

So next week this will change to:
  * 5.11.95 will be disabled
  * 5.8.x will be disabled
  * 5.11.4 will be disabled

If we apply that rule for more prodcuts, it would be super awesome to
automate. I just noticed that all 5.11 versions were still open for
bugs.

Cheers
Martin