D15011: [Kickoff] Make the search field always look like a search field

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 24 17:52:41 BST 2018

rooty added a comment.

  In D15011#314812 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15011#314812>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I like the idea of conditionally adding a little magnifying glass icon to the text field to indicate that it's a search field. If other folks are on board too, I can probably put together another patch to add that as an optional feature of the PlasmaComponents TextField (rather than just here in this patch). That way we could also have that for KRunner, Kicker, Application Dashboard, etc.
  >
  > Meanwhile, what's our path forward here? Are we migrating towards agreement about keeping the current visual style and default focus behavior? Should we separate the header and tab bar from the content area with single-pixel lines? Should we do something else?

  the magnifying glass icon idea is really nice

  the box seems like a good idea; the single pixel lines? dealer's choice, personally i feel the separator lines look good in your screenshots but please keep them gray (subtle / easier on the eyes, i personally feel the single pixel icons in breeze are too coarse, so on my rig i swap them out for adapta icons)

  P.S. can you please post a screenshot of what it would look like in breeze dark for comparison?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop