New widgets to plasma

Martin Kostolný clearmartin at zoho.com
Fri Sep 15 21:21:39 UTC 2017

Thanks, David, for quick answer.

I agree basically with everything you said.

My aim is to keep up with Plasma versioning and it would be really helpful for me not to support multiple versions of Plasma with latest version of widget. That is why I find perfect to join kdeplasma-addons. Actually I thought that this is already being in core Plasma since kdeplasma-addons carries Plasma version.

Being official just for the sake of it was not my intention. It is true that it would just add more burden for Plasma devs. Of course I intend to maintain added widgets.

I'm still not very familiar with developing Plasma datasources, but I try to investigate ways of integrating libdbusmenu as a datasource.

Thanks for inviting me to being Plasma dev. I'd like to join, but I don't know what that actually means. I like to help with various stuff but I have (for now) non-regular limited time - some evenings, some weekends etc.

Best Regards,
Martin