New widgets to plasma

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 13:24:10 UTC 2017

> I'm still not very familiar with developing Plasma datasources, but I try
> to investigate ways of integrating libdbusmenu as a datasource.
>
> We have: org.kde.plasma.private.appmenu in plasma-workspace/applets/appme
nu.
Which is libdbusmenuqt as a model.  It needs some cleanup, docs and then
the word "private" removing.
Then your code can just use that.

Wasn't saying you have to do it. Though of course if you want to...

----

As for sticking these in a repo somewhere, we have this incubator program
for new projects.

You can update your sysadmin ticket saying we're fine for them being new
repos in extragear somewhere.

David