System Settings KCM Tidying

Roman Gilg subdiff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 10:42:52 UTC 2017

What about reorganizing the categories and rethinking the number of KCMs
first? I remember that this was something many people said should be done
before rewriting all the KCMs in QML.

Any way the mockups look great, and even if we would decide to do some
reorganization first only very few of the mockups would be done in vain
because most of the KCMs would stay for sure.

Besides that I think we should ignore KCMs in the rewrite that are only
relevant to X. This applies for example to the old Touchpad KCM based on
QWidget for X. Or to the Gamma KCM with its very specific X backend, which
I would like to write a replacement (plugin system) for on Wayland as I did
for the Touchpad KCM and not touch the old one at all.