D8594: [platforms/drm] Rotate screen if requested from KScreen

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 1 17:38:25 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D8594#162948, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > Furthermore this only implements the visual rotation and not the input rotation.
  >
  > For mouse I think this is the correct behaviour. If I flip a monitor, I would expect moving the mouse up should make it go down.
  >  This means mouse movement and touch input is currently broken on a rotated screen.
  >
  > and so if I have mounted my TV upside down like an idiot we have two inversions, a physical and virtual one, so moving the mouse up makes the cursor go up)
  >
  >  ---
  >
  > That does mean we need to make sure we flip the cursor plane too.

  One thing is flipping the cursor plane, another is that I saw that the position of the cursor is wrong. Maybe flipping the cursor plane will fix that, maybe the position needs to be translated. But it was clearly wrong. With mouse mark effect I got the true position and that one was correct, the cursor position not.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin