KWin contextmenus usability and window/app specific palettes

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 12:27:59 UTC 2017

subsidiary question: QtCurve connects to certain signals that I think come from
KWin:

    bus.connect("org.kde.kwin", "/KWin", "org.kde.KWin", "compositingToggled",
                this, SLOT(compositingToggled()));

    QString arg0 = qApp? qApp->arguments()[0] : QString();
    if (!qApp || (arg0 != "kwin" && arg0 != "kwin_x11" && arg0 !=
"kwin_wayland")) {
        bus.connect("org.kde.kwin", "/QtCurve", "org.kde.QtCurve",
                "themeChanged", this, SLOT(borderSizesChanged()));
        bus.connect("org.kde.kwin", "/QtCurve", "org.kde.QtCurve",
                    "borderSizesChanged", this, SLOT(borderSizesChanged()));
        if (opts.menubarHiding & HIDE_KWIN)
            bus.connect("org.kde.kwin", "/QtCurve", "org.kde.QtCurve",
                        "toggleMenuBar",
                        this, SLOT(toggleMenuBar(unsigned int)));

The tweak to omit these connects in KWin itself comes from a Debian patch, I
just added the connect to themeChanged() myself after noticing in the Aurorae
theme sources shipping with KWin 5.9.3 .

Are those connects still relevant, and should they indeed be excluded for KWin
itself?

R.